pátek 8. června 2018

Back at it


I am in a situation right now, where most of my friends speak English and don't understand Czech at all. Which is by no means bad, but it makes this whole blogging situation little more complicated.
We all know my English isn't bad, but it's definitely not great. So I apologize in advance to all native speakers. :D I will do my best to write all posts in both languages and if you can look pass my grammar mistakes,  I'm sure you'll understand just fine.

I know I promised new article months and months ago and I never ended up posting it. Well...for a reason. Everything I though I knew and all the plans and dreams I had for future kind of just...disappeared. I don't really want to explain why, or what happened, but the important thing is, that I pressed the restart button and started all over at the end of January.
It took me a while to get out of really bad place and after weeks of being absolutely devastated and lost and confused, I decided to "relive" one of the greatest adventures of my life and become an Au Pair in USA one more time.

Side note : One of the things that made me feel so much better about the big changes in my life was traveling! I visited 4 countries for the first time ever within 2 months after my return to Czechia and that is just the beginning. 


Budapest, Hungary

Bratislava, Slovakia

Bratislava, Slovakia

Vienna, Austria

Cairo, Egypt

Luxor, Egypt


Yes, these are pictures from my instagram - I'm lazy! :D

I started the whole process in January and received my passport (with the visa stamp) from the embassy before the end of March. I don't think I need to explain the whole process again,  it was basically the same as last time, but so much faster and easier because I already knew what I was doing. When I was looking for a host family in 2013, I matched with the third one in my profile. This time around, I had over 20 families interested in me within 2 weeks. Absolutely crazy. But I think I found my perfect match and I couldn't be more excited to spend the next year of my life with them.

They live in Golden Colorado, about 30 minutes away from Denver. I was very careful to choose family at the other side of United states, because one goal I have for this year or two is to travel as much as I can and see as many states as I can. And Colorado is perfect starting point, considering all the amazing states surrounding it. I've learned my lesson and I know now what to not waste money on and how to use my free time effectively. 

I spent last two weeks getting ready for the big move (yes, I am still very nervous - just in case you're wondering) and I have just one and a half day in Czechia left!!!! Whatttttt?! That's right, orientation in New York starts on Sunday and I'm moving to Colorado on Wednesday! I'm really super excited!

So get ready for loads and loads of new adventures because I sure am! 

Have a wonderful day!




Najednou mám všechno co jsem napsala v Angličtině přeložit do Češtiny? Je to divný...jen tak mimochodem...ale!

Na konci minulého roku jsem slíbila článek o Díkuvzdání, kterého jste se nikdy nedočkali.
Nechci se úplně pouštět do vysvětlování toho co se stalo a nestalo, ale osud pro měl jiný plán než jsem si myslela a já se tak na konci ledna ocitla na úplném začátku. Vše bylo pryč a já nevěla co dělat. Najednou jsem mohla všechno, ale na 100 % nechtěla nic. Při vzpomínce na nejlepší dva roky svého života jsem se tak rozhodla, že se znovu přihlásím do programu a zažiju další báječný rok (nebo dva) v USA. Vyplňování přihlášky, shánění referencí, vyšetření u lékaře....všechno šlo najednou rychleji a jednodušeji než poprvé. Už jsem věděla co dělám. Od půlky ledna do konce Března tak bylo vše komplet hotové a od té doby čekám na odlet.

Tentokrát jsem v programu Au Pair Extraordinaire, který se v podstatě liší jen finančně, a trošku jsem sa bála že bude problém s množstvím rodin. V roce 2013 jsem totiž měla na profilu sotva 3 během měsíce. Tentokrá se ale po týdenním čekání strhla neskutečná lavina a já nevělela komu dřív odepsat. Matchla jsem ale s báječnou HF z města Golden v Coloradě, zhruba 30 minut od centra Denveru. Potom co jsem procestovala velikou část východního pobřeží jsem chtěla znovu začít úplně jinde. Na místě, z kterého je to blízko na západ a má okolo spoustu států k prozkoumání. A myslím, že jsem si nemohla vybrat líp.  A to nemluvím o neskutečně krásné přírodě všude kolem. No však uvidíte.

Po návratu z USA jsem taky zase začala víc cestovat. Fotky hore.

No a jak to tak bývá, od té doby co mi přišel domů pas s vízem to strašně rychle uteklo, a já tu sedím vedle z 95% zabaleného kufru a odpočítávám....no v podstatě hodiny do odletu

V neděli v 7 ráno letím na školení do New Yorku a ve středu se stěhuju k nové host rodině.

Jelikož je mým hlavním cílem v USA cestovat, určitě se můžete těšit na spoustu nových článků.


Zatím se mějte krásně a já se zase brzo ozvu.


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat